Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the service?
- Sunday School (10AM): Typically 35-45 minutes.
- Sunday Morning Worship (11AM): Most Sundays, we are out by noon, if not a little before.
- Sunday Evening Worship (6PM): On average, this service lasts about 40 minutes.
- Wednesday Study Groups (7PM): This service consistently lasts one hour.
- What about kids?
- For Sunday School: We at Everett Baptist Church are thrilled to see children coming in the door! We have a Sunday School class for Elementary School-aged children and another for Middle and High School-aged children.
- For the main service: We encourage families to keep their children with them during the service because that is the best way for children to learn the importance of worship by watching you, their parent. We do not expect children to be completely silent during the service, even for infants. We understand that children will make noise, and we are glad that the joyful noise can be heard in God's house.
- Child-care is available upon request.
- What’s the service like?
- Music: We typically sing hymns during the congregational singing. Our special songs will range from contemporary to southern gospel.
- Services: Our services are fairly informal, except for the sermon portion.
- How do people normally dress?
- Our members and visitors come as they are. Some dress with their Sunday Best whereas others come in what they have. Whatever you come dressed in, we ask that it not be revealing or inappropriate in appearance or in anything that may be on it (i.e., graphics or writing).
- Most men either wear slacks and a button-down shirt or jeans and a T-shirt or Polo-style shirt.
- Most women either wear some sort of dress or skirt/slacks with a blouse or jeans and a shirt.